Central Daylight Time
October 11, 2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Joe Pikas will present “External Corrosion Direct Assessment” on October 11, at 8 am CDT.
Early bird pricing through 9/30 (Market price $450)
External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA) is an industry-accepted practice for the determination of the integrity of pipelines. This one-day training will present the four-step ECDA process for ascertaining the integrity of pipelines. This webinar covers ECDA, Asset Integrity Management, Where to Dig, and concludes with Determining Areas of Concern.
7 PDHs available with Certificate of Completion
Course materials distributed electronically
- Indirect and Direct Assessment
- Review an Actual Case with Report(s)
Asset Integrity Management ECDA
- Identify 22 Pipeline Threats
- Identify & Collect (data for Integration)
- Integrity Management Plan (IMP)
- Facility Base Line Integrity Plan (FBLP)
- Evaluate Risks
- Integrity Assessment – Direct Assessment, Hydro-test and Other Technologies
- Continuing Assessment of Integrity Effectiveness
Pre & Post Assessment for Gas & Liquid Pipelines
- DA Processes
Feasibility (Can Indirect Tools Assess Threats?)
Table 2 – Tool Selection
- Post Assessment
Choosing the Proper ECDA Tool
- Type of Tools
- ECDA Selection Tool Matrix
- Survey Tools
DCVG & ACVG
PCM & C-Scan
- Overview of Tool Selection and Results
Close Interval Survey for Direct Assessment
- Applicability – Dry/wet Soils, River/Water/Swamp x-ings, Concrete, asphalt, General R/W
- Consideration of Voltage Drops
Test leads, electrolyte, cells, coating, etc.
- Identification of Macro Coating Holidays, Interference, Shorted Casings, Contacts, Isolation, etc.
- Types of Surveys and Equipment Required
Where To Dig
- Conduct Threat Assessment and Indirect Surveys
- Align and Compare Results
- Identify, Classify and Prioritize Indications
- Analyze and Report Results
Determining Areas of Concern
- Identify PL Treats (areas of Concern)
- Identify & Collect Data for Integration
- Integrity Management Plan (IMP)
- Mitigation Strategies
- Continuing Assessment of IMP Effectiveness
Certificate of Completion with 7 PDHs
“Very good presenter with a lot of experience.”
“Great knowledge and presentation. Took my focus into consideration and elaborated on what was most useful to me.”
“Very knowledgeable and excellent enthusiasm. Kept my attention during the course of along webinar.”
“He gives a lot of really good real-life experience examples.”
“The instructor is very knowledgeable, really great and informative slides.”
“Great knowledge and presentation. Took m focus into consideration and elaborated on what was most useful to me.”
Joe Pikas is a consultant for Technical Toolboxes with more than 50 years of experience in pipeline construction, operations, corrosion control design, and implementation, including pipeline engineering management. He is an expert in pipeline integrity management, risk management, coating materials selection, cathodic protection design, and testing, and internal and external pipeline corrosion control.
In 2009, he was awarded the NACE Distinguished Service Award and received an industry award in 2002 from AGA, GTI, INGAA, NACE, OPS, and PRCI International. Also, he has contributed over 50 papers to industry trade magazines, NACE, SSPC, and other publications and conferences.
Read more about Joe Pikas by viewing his instructor bio page.
Join us for this event remotely by registering and logging in on your preferred digital device.