Central Daylight Time
November 30, 2022
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
“Pipeline Risk Assessment”
Joe Pikas will present “Pipeline Risk Assessment” on November 30, 2022
This 6-hour course will help identify, reduce and mitigate the risks associated with the pipeline industry. The course will cover the following topics:
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment Objectives
- Understanding pipeline failure mechanisms
- Data elements for a prescriptive integrity management plan
- Data requirements for a goal oriented (performance-based) approach to AIM
- High-consequence areas
- Risk to the environment
- Quantitative and qualitative methods of risk assessment
- Advantages / disadvantages and limitations of each approach
- Combined approaches based on the relative importance of different threats
Risk Reduction of Ageing Pipelines
- Third-party damage
- Coating deterioration and damage
- Shorted Casings
- Cathodic protection
- Pipeline patrols, aerial surveillance
- Hydrostatic Testing
- Guided Wave Testing (GWT)
- Original and modified B31.G method.
- The RSTRENG effective area method.
- The API 579 Level 1 and Level 2 method.
- Comparison of B31.G, RSTENG, and API 579
- Certificate of completion awarding 6 PDHs.
- Course notes provided electronically
Joe Pikas is a consultant for Technical Toolboxes with more than 50 years of experience in pipeline construction, operations, corrosion control design, and implementation, including pipeline engineering management. He is an expert in pipeline integrity management, risk management, coating materials selection, cathodic protection design, and testing, and internal and external pipeline corrosion control.
In 2009, he was awarded the NACE Distinguished Service Award and received an industry award in 2002 from AGA, GTI, INGAA, NACE, OPS, and PRCI International. Also, he has contributed over 50 papers to industry trade magazines, NACE, SSPC, and other publications and conferences.
Read more about Joe Pikas by viewing his instructor bio page.
Join us for this event remotely by registering and logging in on your preferred digital device.